Even though we’re all stuck at home right now, that doesn’t mean our fitness goals have to take a backseat. In fact, there are plenty of ways to stay active and get a great workout in, right from the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re looking for a challenging HIIT workout or something a little more low-key, we’ve got you covered. Check out these 30 at-home workouts that are sure to get your heart pumping and help you make the most of your quarantine fitness routine.
The Best At-Home Workouts
If you’re stuck at home and can’t make it to the gym, there’s no need to worry. There are plenty of great at-home workouts that you can do to get a good sweat in.
Here are some of the best at-home workouts:
1. Jumping jacks – A classic move that gets your heart rate up and is great for getting a full-body workout.
2. Squats – Another great move for toning your legs and butt. You can also add weights to make it more challenging.
3. Push-ups – A great chest and arms workout that you can do almost anywhere.
4. Sit-ups – A great way to tone your core muscles. You can also add weights to make it more challenging.
5. Burpees – A true full-body move that will get your heart rate up in no time!
How to Get Started
If you’re new to working out at home, it can be tough to know where to start. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your at-home workouts:
1. Set up a dedicated space for your workouts. This can be anywhere in your house – just make sure it’s comfortable and has everything you need (e.g., a yoga mat, dumbbells, etc.).
2. Find some online or TV workout programs that fit your goals and interests. There are tons of great options out there, so take some time to explore until you find the perfect fit.
3. Schedule your workouts into your day like you would any other appointment. This will help you stick to a regular routine and make the most of your time.
4. Make sure you warm up before each workout and cool down afterward. This will help prevent injuries and improve your results.
5. Finally, don’t forget to have fun! Working out at home should be enjoyable, so make sure to find a program that challenges and motivates you.
What You Need to Know
Assuming you have a basic understanding of fitness and working out, here are a few things you should know before starting an at-home workout routine:
1. Establishing a regular routine is key to seeing results. This means setting aside time each day or week to exercise and sticking to it as much as possible.
2. Creating a space in your home that is dedicated to working out can also help you stay on track. This could be something as simple as clearing out a corner of your living room or setting up a home gym in your basement.
3. Having the right equipment is important too. If you’re planning on doing mostly cardio, investing in a quality treadmill or exercise bike would be wise. For strength training, free weights and resistance bands are must-haves.
4. Finally, be sure to mix up your workouts to avoid boredom and plateauing. This means incorporating different exercises, changing the intensity of your workouts, and adding variety in other ways (such as working out with a partner or joining an online fitness community).
Tips for Success
If you’re stuck working out at home, there are still plenty of ways to make the most of your situation and get a great workout in. Here are some tips for success:
1. Set up a dedicated space for your workouts. This will help you stay focused and motivated, and it will also make it easier to transition back to work mode when you’re done.
2. Make a schedule and stick to it. Working out at home can be easy to procrastinate on, so setting (and following) a schedule is key.
3. Get creative with your workouts. Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you have to do the same old thing every day. There are endless possibilities for at-home workouts, so mix it up and keep things interesting.
4. Don’t be afraid to sweat it out. Just because you’re not in a gym doesn’t mean you can’t push yourself hard and get a good sweat going. Turn up the intensity and go for it!
5. Make sure you warm up and cool down properly. Just because your workout is at home doesn’t mean you can skip the important warm-up and cool-down phases. Take the time to do them right, and your body will thank you later.
With a little bit of creativity, you can turn your living room into a personal gym and get in a great workout without even having to leave the house. With these 30 moves, you can target every muscle group and get your heart rate up — all you need is some space and some determination. So what are you waiting for? Get moving!